Thought...

"Something I can give to you, but still keep- My Word."

and...

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist"

Sunday, April 6, 2008

UFC in Denver

Here we are at UFC Fight Night in Denver. Katie and I drove out from Grand Junction to watch the fights. This is the first event here in Colorado since UFC#2 when Royce Gracie dominated. My mom, Gma Roni and my sister Mandy came to watch our kids while we were gone. Thanks again guys, we had the funnest time. We went shopping, went out to eat, went swimming, sat in the hot tub and of course spent most of Wednesday at the fights.

We saw lots of famous ppl, (famous in the jiu jitsu / mma world). We saw Dana White, Rampage jackson, Matt hughes, Al Roker, Joe Rogan, Eddie Bravo, the Tapout boys, Frank Mir, Diego Sanchez, Anthony johnson, Forrest Griffin and Jay Cutler, the Broncos QB. They were all there just watching except for Anthony. He faught Tommy Speer and knocked him out cold in the first round. I took my picture with him, below. That was cool. He is from Denver. I saw alot of those guys up close. I was using the urinal right next to Eddie Bravo. LOL. Katie said did you look over and say hi? My reply, "No, I did not want to get tapped out in a urinal with my pants down by Eddie Bravo!" LOL.

We saw Kenny Florian vs Joe Lauzon, Matt Hamil vs Tim Boetsch, Din Thomas vs Josh Neer, Clay Guida vs anon, Frank Edgar vs Gray Maynard, James Irvin vs Houston Alexander, Manny gambuirian vs. anon, Thiago alves vs Karo Parysian, Anthony Johnson vs Tommy Speer. My fave fight was Nate Diaz vs Kurt "batman" pelligrino. It was a jiujitsu war but Nate tapped him out with a triangle choke in the 2nd round. It was awesome!!!




This is video of the main event: Kenny "KenFlo" Florian vs Joe Lauzon. 155lb weight class. Kenny won by tapout in the 2nd round. It was a great fight.


1 comment:

Grandpa Terry said...

it,s me agian . don.t shut it off yet .allthe times i,ve talked to yo ..u i never told you ric flair .got put out of wrestling.at wrestlmania.hbk beat him. now batista is mad at him.maybe they
will battle it out.cane is the ecw champ. under
taker is the wqrld champ.he tore up edge thewoosethat he is.orton kept his title. witch iwished he would of lost. but at the next one it willbe orton.in four way match against cena.tripleh.and jericho that can,tbe cause jericho is wrestling jbl when i remember i,ll call ya .butch had his operation it went well but he says he is in alot of pain .on that how is your mother is she doing better? hey i just figgered out CAPITAL LETTERS.now if i,ll use them .how is my two angeles? and my little COWBOY? How are you Katie? we are allgood here except butch. did i tell you Rhondas daughter is pg?well she is.it,s real nice here .the wind is startingto blow .but warm well i better go .miss yalots love ya moretrandpa TERRY.