Thought...

"Something I can give to you, but still keep- My Word."

and...

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist"

Monday, July 7, 2008

Crazy Weekend, (from early June)

No, our event-filled weekend

Well, Rins, I am borrowing your title for this one. Although my focus is a little diff tonight. We did have a very fun and event filled weekend to be sure.

We drove to Denver on Friday and spent a wonderful afternoon at the awesome Denver Zoo. (pics to follow) My fave animals-the bears, they have two kodiak bears there. Then we went to our hotel, which btw, my boss was paying for, bc we came to town to go to a work bbq at his home.

After the zoo we went to our hotel and went swimming and then woke up and swam again! What can I say the kids love to swim. And btw, I was showing the kids how you can hold your breath for a really long time and then they wanted to try it. So I showed them how you "O's" load as I call it, (quick deep breathing), then you plug your nose and relax and go under. Well needless to say after only a couple tries, Marlee being the competitor that she is, held her breath for a full 15 seconds with her head completely submerged. I was like, "WOW!" She did great. Later that afternoon, we showed the kids where they were born and the apartment we lived in, in Denver.

We then went to my work BBQ, which was very fun. I was very proud to show off my cute lil family and beautiful wife. I had the cutest kids and wife by far, not even a close second. After the bbq, we drove home, and yes it was very late but I didnt want to miss or shirk my bishopric duties. After getting home very late, unpacking, and me winding down a lil, it was like midnight and Marlee woke up like freaking out about her tummy hurting. (We had all been kinda tummy sick for a couple days) She began dry heaving like no ones business and would just not stop rolling around on the bed and floor and in my arms. She was miserable and was letting the whole world know it too. She just kept saying, "Daddy make my tummy better, it hurts so bad, plz make it stop, make it stop!" We didnt know what to do, She was dry heaving but nothing was there to come out, but she continued for quite some time. I was getting very nervous bc she was in so much pain, rolling and screaming, "make it stop daddy make it stop!" I felt helpless. We felt helpless. I told Katie to call Debi and that I didnt care if it woke up Joni and Jaren. (Sorry guys) Debi told her that we need to be very careful and might have to take her to ER. We thought it might be appendix, but had no idea. Well, I didnt know what to do to make her better but I wanted to desperetly. So I got my oil and put some on her head. I laid my hands on her head and started to annoint...she was rolling and crying and dry heaving...I couldnt think of the words, it took me several tries, it was very stressfull for me. I finally annointed her correctly and then sealed and gave a blessing. Within five minutes she was asleep in my arms and had stopped crying and throwing up. She slept in our bed with Katie and I slept with Sam. She slept all night long and I was very surprised to see katie and the kids all come walking in to church for Sacrament.

I know the Priesthood is the power of God. I am grateful I can use it to bless my family. I am thankful for a caring Father in Heaven who answers a helpless young father's prayers.

-Dan

No comments: