Thought...

"Something I can give to you, but still keep- My Word."

and...

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist"

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Daddy family work day


Well, we woke up Monday morning and Katie looked at me and said, "Daddy, today is daddy-family work day, and we are coming with you!" What is a Daddy supposed to do when he hears that? I'll tell you- Plan a really fun day!!!! So we did. We drove to Glenwood Springs, (about an hour 15 min drive into the mts) got pizza at my fave lil mom-n-pop pizza shop and then I dropped them all of at Target so they could walk around and look at toys (and buy Marlee some underwear, which is a different post) so that I could hurry up and hit my accounts. A lil while later I came back and picked them all up and we were off to play.
If you know my kids at all, you know that they LOVE to swim, (Lizzie included) and so we went swimming in an outdoor pool in 20 degree weather in the mountains of Colorado. You might say that were crazy, but the pool is an ancient hot springs pool, that is 104 temp year round! Actually, there are two pools, 104 and 90 degrees. In the summer there is a waterslide running. It was absolutely beautiful, lots and lots of steam, blue skies, snowy mountians and my family. It was a very fun Daddy-family work day. :) Here are some pics.

4 comments:

Eardley Family said...

What a great work day!! I think I'd be tempted to having a family work day every day!! What a cute family!

Sunee

PS Post a picture of Katie in her new clothes!

Judi said...

that sounds so fun! i love going swimming in the natural hot springs at mike's house in garden valley. what a fun dad you are!

Rindi said...

Wow. That looks so darn fun. You guys are so awesome!

stalee said...

Dan, That picture of you and the kids at the pool is beautiful. No,no not because of you, but because of the back ground. The mountains look so beautiful. How fun for you guys. Our life was like that in St. George, but not anymore. Clint's schedule has really changed. Like Sunee said I would be tempted to take that kind of day often. I have to say good job Marlee on wearing underwear.