Thought...

"Something I can give to you, but still keep- My Word."

and...

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist"

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai

Here is some video that Katie took of me and the twins practicing jiu jitsu and muay thai at home. We are using our grappling dummy named "big red." This guy "big red" is 75 pounds and is hard like a punching bag. He is ideal for practicing takedowns, kicks, punches, throws, ground and pound and jiu jitsu. He is pretty hard and very durable. Kyle, you wanted to see Big Red, here ya go. Hahaha.

As you can see from the twins videos, they know exactly how to perform a little ground and pound to soften up the opponent and then apply a tight "armbar" to force them into submission. "Tap or Snap" is how the saying goes. LoL. Anybody want to get froggy in pre-school?

Very good exercise, really toughens up your shins, self defense and lots of fun. What more could you ask for? Anybody want to spar?

Dan

7 comments:

Natalie said...

My favorite part is the picture of Christ in the background when you're "softening him up".
Very cute video of the twins!

Dan and Fam said...

Thanks Nat, when I watched the vid after I posted it, I laughed about that also.

Rindi said...

Okay, you guys are so STRANGE!! What are you teaching your children??? If I didn't love you so much, I would think you are crazy! I can't stop laughing about how much Marlee was into it and how she was trying to take over for Sam. That was too funny! That last video was actually super impressive, Dan!! You look very tough and very good and very fit. I will say it again, I don't want to meet you in a dark alley. But, maybe I would like to take you with me if I ever need to walk down a dark alley! (Or I could just take Marlee!).

Dan and Fam said...

Rins, we are teaching self defense. Never be a victim. We are not violent, it is a sport. The twins "love" to practice it with me.
Dan

Eardley Family said...

OK I'm really glad I'm not "Big Red". Softening him up is really beating the crap out of him. I'm with Rindi, I hope you'll be on my side!! Anyway, the last video was impressive. I've tried punching a bag and it's way hard. You make it look easy. I think I know why you get shin splints!!! Ha Ha!

Sunee

Eardley Family said...

Wow you are one serious fighting man!! I too wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley. Red is one ugly dude and truthfully not man enough to match you. Anyhow that seems like a fun hobby.
Kyle

Dan and Fam said...

Thanks guys, it is fun, and a real stress releiver. All week I have been in Dallas, and i have missed my punching bag. It is just like running, addictive.
dan