Thought...

"Something I can give to you, but still keep- My Word."

and...

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist"

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

TO: My Valentine

Katie,
Sometimes I think about
the first time I realized
that I love you...

It was as if my eyes
took a picture at that moment
and shared it with my heart...

Sometimes I think about
how much my life has changed
because of your love.

I think about you,
I think about your happiness,
I think about us,
and I think of our life together.

Then I realize you are..
as much a part of me
as the air I breathe...
and the dreams we share...

But, from time to time,
I still like to remember
the first time I looked into..
those big brown eyes.

I look into them deeply,
and realize I see my future...
within them.
Happy Valentines Day,

I love you.

-Dan

5 comments:

Judi said...

Dan that was so sweet! Katie is a lucky girl to have you :)

Anonymous said...

You are right Judi. I am so lucky. Dan is a wonderful husband. I am so happy to be his wife and very very much in love with him. I love you Dan. Katie

Rindi said...

Awww....that is so nice. Wow! Good job. You guys have always been a great couple--very much in love.

Nick said...

Dan, you are a hopeless romantic!!
What a cute blog!

Eardley Family said...

That is sooooo sweet!!